Monday 29 April 2013

Banana Bread



I am just a little bit in love with banana bread. It is my favourite breakfast variable, perfect just as it is, in thick slices with coffee. Its basically cake for breakfast, but somehow just a little more respectable. And it makes a great late-night snack for breaks in sewing marathons or to keep you company during a movie.

This is my recipe for gluten free banana bread.

Ingredients:
225g gluten free self-raising flour blend
1 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
2 teaspoons cinnamon
Pinch of salt
100g caster sugar
75g melted butter
2 eggs
50ml milk
4 ripe bananas
A few drops vanilla extract
65g chopped walnuts

~ Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
~ Line a 1lb loaf tin with baking paper.
~ Sift flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and sugar into a mixing bowl.
~ Peel and roughly mash the bananas.
~ In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and combine with cooled melted butter, milk, vanilla extract and mashed banana.
~ Add the wet ingredients to the dry, gently folding together until just combined. Fold in the chopped nuts.
~ Pour mixture into tin and bake for 50-60 minutes approximately. Bread is done when it is a nice golden brown on top and springs back when you gently poke it.
~ Allow to stand in tin for at least 10 minutes before you attempt removal!

I'm planning on adding a few more recipes in future. I find myself cooking a lot more enthusiastically lately and thought it might be fun to share what I come up with. I may even make it a regular bloggy thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment